Voice search is changing the way consumers look for businesses. Optimize your business discoverability and be found on all platforms by understanding these key points.
How are consumers searching now?
When users conduct web searches, they are actively seeking information, much of which is subsequently used to inform a purchase decision. In fact, according to a 2018 survey by StreetFight™, these high-intent searches will lead to a purchase 4 out of 5 times.
How is voice search trending?
Recent years have seen rapid growth in voice searches. This is due to significant improvements in both voice recognition technology and natural language dialogue capabilities. 4 in 10 adults now use voice search daily, and that number grows with every advance in technology (Search Engine Land, 2018). With the corresponding growth in location-specific searches, research also shows that 20% of all voice searches are conducted on a mobile device (Streetfight™, 2018). Reportedly, 70% of these voice searches are made with a more natural, conversational form instead of a simple keyword search. Voice search is here, and it’s here to stay.
What do businesses need to consider to be found in a text or voice consumer search?
Today, a business needs to establish itself as a primary source for understanding and fulfilling a consumer’s needs. Consider the following to be a relevant search result for a consumers search intent.
- Utilize more natural language keyword strings and avoid keyword-stuffing: Tailor your content with more natural language descriptions to allow voice assistants to comb through your website and return information to users whose needs match your business’ offerings. Avoid using traditional keywords as filler as they will needlessly clutter your site.
- Understand your demographics and their search habits: Find out who is looking for you and develop a plan to reach each unique demographic where they are and how they behave online. If they are using social media, a plan that reaches your audience on Facebook or Twitter might reach a wider circle. If consumers are finding you through voice assistants, ensure that your business content is optimized for voice searches. Find out what drives your consumers to you and encourage them to interact with your brand where they are most comfortable.
- Update your content strategy: Develop a content strategy that reflects what your consumers might be searching when they visit your site. Remember to take into account the varying demographics, and create separate strategies for each group.
- Update your website schema: Markup your website with schema content and metadata to ensure that your business will place well with Google rich results, which are utilized by voice assistants when responding to consumer searches.
- Ensure NAP (Name, Address, Phone) information consistency: Misinformation can lead a consumer down a frustrating road and cause them to abandon any pursuit of a business. By establishing a consistent web presence across all platforms (web, social, etc.,) businesses can be sure to deliver a more consistent and helpful user experience.
Soleo has developed an intelligent, programmatic API that can facilitate natural language search queries and responses with relevant results in a natural, conversational way. To learn more about Soleo’s natural language search solutions, contact us at email@example.com.